There are many great resources available to learn more about liver disease, organ donation and transplants.
- NASH TRUTH An excellent website by Intercept Pharmaceuticals which has great information about the liver disease NASH.
- MELODY EDUCATION An excellent website by Madrigal Pharmaceuticals with information about NAFLD and NASH.
- UNOS A site for the United Network for Organ Sharing. This organization controls the use of donated livers.
- CORE A site for the Center for Organ Recovery and Education. CORE is one of 58 federally designated not-for-profit procurement organizations in the country. It covers the Western Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Chemung County (NY) areas.
- Donate Life Donate Life America is a non-profit organization leading its national partners and Donate Life State Teams to increase the number of donated organs, eyes and tissue available to save and heal lives through transplantation while developing a culture where donation is embraced as a fundamental human responsibility.
- American Liver Foundation This site contains lots of information and resources for those interested in liver disease.
- The NASH Education Program The NASH Education Program is an international endowment fund created at the end of 2016 in order to address unmet needs related to non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and to increase awareness about this widespread and serious yet poorly understood disease. It is a transversal and non-partisan initiative involving an increasing number of key stakeholders.
- The Fatty Liver Foundation A great website created by an individual who had NASH and cirrhosis and was able to reverse it. The website contains a fountain of information about fatty liver disease and includes lots of resources.
- Global Liver Institute An excellent website for information about liver disease. A leader in the dissemination of information and bringing parties with common goals together.
- Inspire This website encourages the interactive positive exchange of thoughts and ideas for those concerned with, or have experienced, liver disease. A great community for asking questions and receiving input.
- NASH AWARE Great site run by the son of someone who lost their life from NASH.
- Cancerthefacts.com An excellent website for cancer patients created by one of Pittsburgh’s leading oncologist (and someone who treated my cancer).